Name of the activity: MANDEH (SCORA CIMSA UNAND in ANTICIPATING MATERNAL DEATHS)
Country/NMO: Indonesia (CIMSA-ISMKI)
Program: Maternal Health & Access to Safe Abortion
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Education. Education on health issues for specific societal groups, either in the form of projects (set of tasks for a certain group over a fixed period of time), events (something notable that happens) or conferences (form meeting about ideas related to a particular topic, usually over several days).
MANDEH 2.0 is present in 5 interventions with a focus areas on antenatal care, pregnancy detection, nutrition during pregnancy, contraception (family planning), pregnancy history (parity), and husband’s support for pregnancy. In the 1st intervention SCORA members got knowledge about antenatal care, pregnancy detection, nutrition during pregnancy, contraception (family planning), pregnancy history (parity), and husband’s support for pregnancy by the health department, and then in 2nd intervention assessment was carried out to productive age mothers to find out their level of knowledge, in the 3rd intervention material was given to cadres, 4th intervention bonding with local residents was made to strengthen relations with residents around to achieve the objectives of this ComDev, then in the last intervention the cadre will give material to productive age mothers at RT 04 RW 07 Pasar Ambacang.
Maternal Healthcare Services (antenatal, antepartum and postpartum care)
MANDEH 2.0 is based on secondary data from the Profil Kesehatan Kota Padang 2016. From these data, there were 20 cases of maternal deaths in Padang and 2 of them came from the service area of Ambacang Health Center. In addition, BPS Kota Padang data in a publication entitled “Kuranji Dalam Angka” in 2017 there were 1,199 pregnant women who visited Puskesmas Ambacang. This number has increased compared to 2015, only 1,036 pregnant women visited Puskesmas Ambacang.
Medical students, Women, Productive age women (20-40 years) who have been married
Medical students, Women
Objectives and indicators of success:
Objectives : Increase 80% of the productive age women (20-40) knowledge, especially who have been married about problems during pregnancy through counseling given with a target score of post test is 75, and empowered 3 CINTA IBU’s cadre in the service area of Ambacang Health Center in MANDEH 2.0 to reduce cases of maternal mortality in the 2018-2019 period.
• Intervention 1, October 13, 2018 at Midwifery Masters : Debriefing of members was carried out by Ms. Neneng Susanti, S.K.M from the Family Health (Kesga) section of the West Sumatra Provincial Health Office.
• Intervention 2, October 15, 2018 in RT 04 RW 07 Pasar Ambacang : Interviews and questionnaires were conducted to 24 samples of productive women in RT 04 RW 07, Pasar Ambacang Village by SCORA UNAND members.
• Intervention 3, October 20, 2018 at Ambacang Health Center, Kuranji : Material was given to cadres in the regional health center of Ambacang by SCORA UNAND members.
• Intervention 4, November 4, 2018 at SDN 19 and SDN 04 Pasar Ambacang: Performed morning gymnastics with the mothers, games and door prizes with mothers and children in RT 04 RW 07 Pasar Ambacang.
• Intervention 5, November 10, 2018 in Nurul Yaqin Mushalla, Ambacang Market: Providing material to productive age mothers and free medical examinations to residents of RT 04 RW 07 in Ambacang Market.
Plans for evaluation:
The internal evaluation of the committee was conducted through an evaluation meeting of the SCORA CIMSA UNAND. Material evaluation is done by asking for feedback from the speaker and member and also obtained from the results of distributing the project evaluation questionnaire.
This Community Development evaluation is also seen from the assessment results distributed to see the increase in knowledge of productive age mothers in RT 04 RW 07 in Pasar Ambacang . Then also through increasing the results of the pretest to posttest conducted on cadres and productive age mothers
Follow-up was carried out through communication with 3 active cadres in the assisted village (Durian Tarung) related to the work program that had been carried out especially regarding the condition of pregnant women, mothers who were going to deliver, and postpartum mothers in the area.