Name of the activity: Mental Health Projects
Country/NMO: Tunisia (Associa-Med)
Program: Mental Health
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Education
Our project is a SCOPH/SCORP collaboration which is taking place in 2 different LCs (out of 4) and aiming at raising awareness on mental health issues within Tunisian medical students through several both scientific and self-development workshops.
Mental Health among medical students
Mental health is one of the components of health. Therefore, we, as medical students, believe that it is crucial to take care of it, mostly when it comes to ourselves. In Tunisia, our student life is getting more and more stressful each day, thus, putting at stake our mental health. On the one hand, several of medical students are suffering from anxiety disorders or severe depression leading to long hospitalizations, skipping classes and therefore failure. BUT: There is ONLY one mental hospital available in the country. On the other hand, a large number of students still find it difficult to go see a doctor, get diagnosed with a mental illness and get treatments because of stigma in the Tunisian society.
Target groups and beneficiaries:
Target groups: Medical Students.
Objectives and indicators of success:
1. Educate 100 medical students on mental health issues by October 2018.
2. Screen 5 medical students with mental health illnesses by October 2018.
*Number of students trained
*Number of students diagnosed with a mental health illness
*Number of activities (sessions)
– Training sessions in NGA
– Campaigning materials: Flyers
– Online Campaigns
– Workshops on mental health taking places in 2 LCs0. (What is mental health, personal development workshops, mental health disorders).
– A three-day activity:
1. Launching a knowledge assessment test
2. Workshops on Mental Health
3. Debate on Mental Health through a Movie analysis on a mental health disease.
(Link for the list of mental health movies https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RgqBMX3B5rgQS3m0mw-2cHGLCEBWLrbe/view?usp=sharing).
Plans for evaluation:
– Pre and post-workshop Evaluation forms
– Feedback of members
– Follow-up of new cases