Name of the activity: Scientific Program Convit
Country/NMO: Venezuela (FEVESOCEM)
Program: Teaching Medical Skills
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Education. Education on health issues for specific societal groups, either in the form of projects (set of tasks for a certain group over a fixed period of time), events (something notable that happens) or conferences (form meeting about ideas related to a particular topic, usually over several days).
The scientific program Convit is a project that proposes the training of medical students in the preparation of scientific publications. It is annual and every year it focuses on a different type of scientific publication, considering that during 2019 it will be focused on the preparation and publication of: clinical case reports and investigation proyects
Research basics for medical practitioners
The main problem to be attacked is the lack of knowledge on the part of the undergraduate student for the elaboration of scientific investigations, as well as the implications that the publication of the same ones may have, such as, for example: time lapses, journals or portals who have an interest in such investigations and the requirements that must be met for approval by the aforementioned entities.
Objectives and indicators of success:
Generate high quality scientific publications medical students
• Encourage the medical student community to begin in the area of medical research.
• Provide the necessary tools for student learning and preparation in the scientific field
• Provide advice to the participants of the program for the realization of any scientific publication.
• Conduct a scientific exhibition fair that serves as a resource for participants to present the scientific product developed during the program.
• Guide the participant in the steps to process to carry out the application for the publication of the scientific product.
• Monitor the constant and permanent work of the participant within each of the stages of the scientific program through continuous evaluations that generate a final result.
• Motivate medical students to generate ideas to continue with the scientific program and other programs that guarantee participation in science by the students, periodically.
This activity will be carried out through the fulfillment of different stages
PROMOTION: Publications in social media of infographics and videos about Scientific Program Convit
SCIENTIFIC FORMATION Executed through the completion of a multi-content workshop; with a theoretical-practical content and each will have a corresponding evaluation at the end.
SCIENTIFIC EXECUTION teams of three students will be formed, both from the preclinical and clinical part of the career. Each team will choose the theme to be developed, with the support of their assigned tutor. They will have an estimated time of two months for the writing and after its completion.
PRESENTATION AND EVALUATION you have as objective that the work teams present scientific contribution in a fair exhibition, that will be evaluated by a jury that is inside the exhibition fair
PUBLICATION AND AWARD it is in the preparation of the necessary requirements for publication in a journal
Plans for evaluation:
Second stage: LEVEL 1: exam consisting of two parts: a) Development: the spelling of the participant will be evaluated by writing a short. b) Simple selection: will be structured based on 10 questions of 5 items each with a single correct answer. LEVEL 2: exam through the Edmodo Rating: in scale from 1 to 20. Weighting: 4% / 20% of the second stage. LEVEL 3: exam consisting of: a) Multiple selection. Third Stage: Continuous communication will be established with each of the tutors of the program where will request to them a simple report in which the following will be taken into account variables: 1. Number of communications made between the team and the corresponding tutor 2. Number of corrected observations 3. Delivery time of the corrections. Fourth stage: the grade will be established according to the qualification obtained in the expositional fair of the same. Fifth stage: the grade will be established based on the publication status