Name of the activity: Summary of Epidemiological Update of PAHO
Country/NMO: Venezuela (FEVESOCEM)
Program: Medical Education Systems
Type of the activity: Education. Education on health issues for specific societal groups, either in the form of projects (set of tasks for a certain group over a fixed period of time), events (something notable that happens) or conferences (form meeting about ideas related to a particular topic, usually over several days).
Virtual campaign in social networks with a didactic summary of the epidemiological update for the month of November, December and January.
Students’ involvement in medical education | Non-formal/informal education
Out of date in terms of epidemiological alerts for medical students, due to lack of motivation when reading the different reports sent by PAHO, since the content is impractical and very dense to be posted on the PAHO website.
Medical students, • Local and National Organizations/Institutions, including Student Councils as a representatives of students in different decision-making bodies
Medical students, Public healthcare system
Objectives and indicators of success:
1) Educated and empowered medical students on medical education topics.
Indicator: Number of medical education topics covered, number of views and downloads
• Download the epidemiological updates published during the month on the PAHO / PAHO website.
• Make a summary with the most important data found in the report.
• Plasma important data in an infographic in an advertising post, with joint messages on the subject.
• Publish infographics, and link where relevant information is downloaded.
• Send informative capsule type summaries.
Plans for evaluation:
Scope obtained in the realization of epidemiological updates by the SCOPH team, since each update needs to be developed and a study made in order to make the synthesis of it.
Number of visualizations and downloads of the same, as well as the scope that it has at a national and international level through the social networks of FEVESOCEM and local SOCEMs.