Name of the activity: Are you okay dr?
Country/NMO: Other (write in the next question)
Program: Mental Health
Contact information: [email protected]
Type of the activity: Campaign. Combination of education and advocacy. Campaigns create awareness in society about a certain topic (education aspect) and try to funnel this awareness into pressure on the decision makers to adapt policies accordingly (advocacy aspect).
We organized a 22 days campaign about the mental health targeting the medical students in Khartoum and all over Sudan.
The campaign will start on the 1st of September until the 22th of September and it will consist of workshop, online campaign, survey and main event.
Aiming to shed the light on this important topic and to assess the current situation in Khartoum in order to build a strong base for our successors.
Mental Health among Medical Students
The mental health of medical students has been widely discussed over the past few years. The findings of several studies have raised concerns about the prevalence of some mental health conditions in medical students [GMC].
Medical schools report that one of the most complex situations they face is when a student has a mental health condition and isstruggling with the course.
In sudan the medical students and doctors face a lot of problems and Issues especially the financial issues.
Objectives and indicators of success:
By the end of the campaign:
– Assess the magnitude of the problem in Khartoum town (capital of Sudan).
Collect 300 questionnaires.
– increase the awareness of the medical students regarding the different mental health problems among them.
Organize a symposium in presence of 150 medical students.
– Empower the medical students (organizing committee) to take actions.
Recruit 30 members to attend the preparatory workshop and organize the whole campaign.
– Preparatory workshop for the organizing committee.
– Online campaign through WhatsApp and Facebook including promotional videos.
– Event including symposium and gallery.
Plans for evaluation:
– Participants evaluation forms.
– Numbers of people that who have seen the posts in Facebook.
– Number of questionnaires collected.