Name of the activity: What About REAL Doctors?
Country/NMO: Venezuela (FEVESOCEM)
Program: Ethics & Human Rights in Health
Contact information: [email protected] / +584129400210
Type of the activity: Capacity Building (Training or Workshop). Teaching and develop knowledge, skills and techniques in a particular field. While training can have any form, workshops are more formal and also include exchange of information between participants.
Each local official will choose an ethical dilemma, then it will be presented to 3 medical students of different years of the race and to a doctor, then the perception of each participant of how to solve this dilemma will be registered in the format to carry out the activity , the information provided must be accompanied by a photo of the participant. To finalize the activity, the National Official will create a Digital Booklet where all the activity will be shown, said booklet will subsequently be disseminated through the networks of FEVESOCEM and local societies.
To cover the topic of Ethics in Clinical Research, the local official must create an informative virtual material on:
– Nuremberg Code.
– CIOMS International Standards.
– Medicine Deontology Law.
– Code of the Exercise of Medicine (Section on Clinical Research).
– Informed consent.
– Declaration of Helsinki.
– Legislation on the use of experimental animals.
– European Bioethics Convention.
Medical Ethics (Patient Centered Care, Good Medical Practice, direct doctor-patient relationship)
In the course of medical care there may be conflicts arising from communication problems between the patient and the doctor, due to the lack of expertise of said health professional, due to the negligence of the latter in his professional duties or even due to the non-observance of the applicable regulations. Likewise, in most cases, despite fully complying with the medical obligation, doubts may arise in health professionals when deciding to make their interventions
General population, Medical students
General population, Medical students
Objectives and indicators of success:
– General Objective: Provide the next health professional with the necessary tools to resolve ethical dilemmas that may arise during the medical exercise; in addition, of the international and national regulations that govern clinical research.
– Specific Objectives:
o Present diverse scenarios of medical practice where diverse ethical dilemmas are appreciated.
o Determine the steps to be taken by the health professional to resolve the dilemma presented.
o Present the solution that various specialists provide to the described ethical dilemmas.
o Inquire about the different international regulations that govern clinical research.
o Inquire about the different national regulations that govern clinical research.
– Success Indicators:
o Number of ethical dilemmas raised.
o Realization of the Digital Booklet.
o Degree of dissemination and acceptance of the booklet.
o Number of informative virtual campaigns published in the social networks of local societies.
o Amount of informative material embodied in the different audiovisual media of local societies.
o Level of knowledge acquired by students on how to resolve ethical and ethical dilemmas in clinical research.
– Establish the problem, the objectives to be addressed, the specific issues which should be developed and the group of beneficiaries.
– Search for the various ethical dilemmas that will be found in the booklet.
– Realization of the format in which the interviews will take place.
– Conducting the interviews.
– Realization and Design of the digital booklet.
– Realization of the informative material that will be published in the local social networks, as part of the mass education campaign.
– Publication of the informative virtual material on research ethics in the different social networks of local societies.
Plans for evaluation:
The monitoring of the different activities carried out by the LOME according to the guidelines of the activity that was sent to each one of them, will be done through consecutive revisions of the visual material to be published and with the realization of the interviews, with the purpose that the local official be guided with the necessary guidelines for the development of the activity, after which the evaluation of the activity will be done through the graphic evidence (digital Booklet and virtual information material) of the different campaigns carried out by the various local societies.